Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Embracing the “Essential Form”
A major show of sculptures lovingly carved, sculpted, shaped or cast by a fantastic group of seven artists.
This exhibition, focussing essentially on 3D, showcases works by Chris Hall (Jedburgh, Scot. Borders), Natasha Smith (Ancrum, Scot Borders), Gill Walton (Allanton, Scot. Borders), Aegir McIver (Peebles, Scot. Borders), Jennifer Tetlow (Lastingham, N Yorkshire), Julia Cowie (Fife) and Tom Fiddes (Lowick, Northumberland).
With the exception of our very talented up and coming sculptor, Tom Fiddes, the participating artists are all professional long established sculptors, carvers and metal workers of high reputation.
Each of these sculptors/metal workers aims to reveal, in their own distinctive way, the inherent beauty and essence of their chosen medium and/or of the subject depicted, emotion felt or idea conceived.
Captivating, mesmerising and stimulating all at the same time, these are works of great beauty and certainly worth checking out. Here is a taster!
Photographs to follow.
The exhibition will run from 27th August till 29th October 2017.
- CLOSED TODAY (8/8/2020)- OUR SINCERE APOLOGIES
- THE FULL PICTURE – issue 10
- THE FULL PICTURE – issue 9
- THE FULL PICTURE – issue 8
- THE FULL PICTURE – issue 7
- THE FULL PICTURE – issue 6
- THE FULL PICTURE – issue 5
- THE FULL PICTURE – issue 4
- THE FULL PICTURE – issue 3
- THE FULL PICTURE – 2nd issue
- THE FULL PICTURE
- THE WHITE FOX GALLERY IS SHUT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- CORONOVIRUS – MEASURES TAKEN AT THE WHITE FOX GALLERY FOR YOUR SAFETY
- CORONOVIRUS – MEASURES TAKEN AT THE WHITE FOX GALLERY
- BORDERS ART FAIR (13 – 15 MARCH 2020)