Terms & Conditions Regulating Purchases Made Online From The White Fox Gallery (WFG) Website
All products displayed on this website are sold subject to our Terms and Conditions set out below:
- Except for our Giclee or other form of archival photography fine art prints, the artworks listed for sale on our website are one-off pieces.
- All the work listed for sale would have been photographed professionally, as best as possible. However, The WFG cannot be held responsible for variations of colour between the actual objects and the photographs displayed on the site. Colours may not be reproduced entirely accurately and may vary from one computer to another depending on each screen calibration.
- Given the unique nature of most of the work sold online, there may be occurrences when an artwork sells in the gallery at the same time as in the online shop. The WFG cannot be held responsible of these eventualities. In this very unlikely event, the item will be sold to the customer who bought it in the WFG gallery premises. We would then notify the online customer of the situation who would be refunded through Paypal or any other method of payment selected at the checkout, as soon as the WFG becomes aware of the double purchase.
- We make every attempt to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, however discrepancies may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods already ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and ask that you reconfirm your order at the correct price, whilst also giving you the option to cancel it. If we are unsuccessful in contacting you we will consider the order cancelled. If we cancel your order, you will receive a full refund.
A) Acknowledgement of your Order
For each order you make, an email confirming your order will automatically be sent to your email address by Paypal or any other method of payment selected at the checkout. It will state what the item(s) on order and post & package charges are, together with delivery and invoice details.
You warrant that the information given in your order is complete and accurate. If for any reason your order cannot be processed, the gallery will contact you to explain the nature of the difficulty.
B) Processing of payments made when purchasing online
Online credit and debit card payments are processed through Paypal, Stripe or any other method of payment which would have been selected at the checkout.
Paypal and Stripe are one of the safest, if not safest methods for processing financial transactions online.
The WFG website is also an htpps website which means that the information is further encrypted, thus offering another layer of protection to the customer’s financial information.
Customers will also be able to purchase items with a 0% credit loan scheme. This scheme, known as OWN ART is backed by the Arts Council of England and Creative Scotland. It enables buyers to spread the cost of artworks between £100 and £2,500 over a 10 months period. More information on this is available on the OWN ART page
All payments need to be made in pounds Sterling.
C) Alternative payment method
We are happy to take any payments with credit/debit cards over the telephone if the customer wishes. We take all major credit cards apart from American Express and Amex. All payments need to be made in pounds Sterling.
Please contact us on +44 (0)7980 402 755.
Any refund of payments made online, using Paypal, will be made through Paypal, Stripe or any other method of payment which would have been selected at the checkout.
When a payment has been made using a credit/debit card, the customer requesting a refund would need to contact the gallery on the above number to effect a refund to the account of the card used.
Refund will only be given in the following circumstances:
- The wrong item was sent to the customer
- The item was damaged (see “J) To Cancel your order”)
- The wrong price was quoted on the website (see above, 4.)
Most items will carry a price for P&P within the UK, based upon its weight, size and worth. If the work is too large, heavy or fragile for standard posting methods, the option to add to the shopping trolley will not be available. In this case, please contact the gallery so that we can endeavour to find the best way of shipping your selected item.
Once the work has been delivered to the customer, it, then, becomes the customer’s full responsibility and the White Fox Gallery cannot be liable for any subsequent damages.
F) International Shipping
The postage and packaging costs quoted on the website is for dispatching items to UK addresses only. In the eventuality that an item is to be sent to an address outwith the UK, it would be recommended that:
- the customer contact the WFG to request a confirmation of the cost of shipping the item to the country selected by the customer (using our Contact page)
On receipt of this request, the WFG will confirm the total cost of the artwork (including P&P) and will process the order, as soon as the payment including the P&P is received and cleared. We endeavour to ensure that all orders are received by the customer within 15 days of the confirmation and payment of the order, although this timing may vary depending on the country where the delivery is to be made.
You may want to bear in mind that you may be subject to import duties and taxes. These additional charges for customs clearance remains the responsibility of the customer. For further information, please contact your local customs office. International, cross-border, shipments may be opened for inspection by customs authorities. The WFG is not responsible for any damages caused by mishandling of the package by either the customs authorities or the carrier. Once the work has been delivered to the customer, it, then, becomes the customer’s full responsibility
G) Buying online and picking up from the gallery premises
This extra option will negate the cost of delivery.
Work purchased in this way must be picked up within 2 weeks from when the payment has been received by the WFG (The WFG will send a notification to that effect to the customer). The full ownership of the artwork will transfer to the customer once the payment has been received by the WFG and the item has been collected from the WFG premises within the above set time. Once collected, the artwork becomes the full responsibility of the customer.
The ownership of any work purchased under this option but which remains uncollected within the 2 weeks deadline will revert back to the WFG, unless a new date for pickup has been arranged. In the case when an item is not picked up, the WFG will refund 75% of the value of the artwork to the customer, the remaining 25% covering administration costs incurred and potential loss of income.
H) Delivery Times
We aim to process all online orders within 24 to 48hours of receipt by the WFG. Items will then be packaged, ready for shipping, and delivery times, from posting, will be as follows:
5-7 working days for UK
7-10 working days for Europe
10-15 working days for Rest of the world.
Any delay incurred along the line will be notified to the customer immediately.
I) Gift Vouchers
WFG Gallery Gift Vouchers are not currently accepted as method of payment for items bought on the WFG online shop. Vouchers are currently only redeemable for artworks bought at the White Fox Gallery in Coldstream, or over the telephone.
The value of (a) voucher(s) can be used as part payment for an item of a higher value, purchased at the WFG premises in Coldstream.
The WFG will not exchange Gift vouchers for cash.
In the instance of a purchase of an artwork of a lesser value than the gift voucher(s), change will not be given.
Gift Vouchers must be redeemed from the gallery within a 12 month period from when purchased.
If the voucher code has already been used the voucher will be void. If your gift vouchers become accidentally damaged, please contact the gallery.
J) To cancel your order
We want you to be totally satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not entirely happy with your order – whether you have changed your mind or we have made a mistake – then please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +44 (0)7980 402 755.
The return of any item(s) must be authorised in advance by the gallery. We need to be notified of any returns or exchanges within 7 days following receipt of the item(s), and the item must be returned within 10 days following receipt.
Artworks must be returned in the same condition as at the time of purchase.
Refunds will take place as follows:
- If the customer has changed his/her mind and simply wishes to return the item, he/she will be refunded 75% of the value of the item only, 25% being retained for loss of potential business (from another customer who may have bought the item during that week).
- However, in the case where the customer has changed his/her mind and wishes to swap one item for another, 100% of the value of the returned artwork will be refunded if the art pieces swapped are of similar value. The customer will simply be reimbursed the original price and then charged the price of the new artwork. However, should the value of the alternative artwork be less than that of the original artwork by 10% or more, then 25% will be retained from the value of the original artwork (as above).
The gallery will only refund the postage & packaging costs of returned goods if they were faulty or damaged on delivery. Furthermore, the gallery will not be responsible for outgoing postage of the new item, should the customer wish to exchange one item for another.
Please note that, for health and safety reasons, we are not able to accept returns or exchanges of earrings, unless damaged in transit.
If an item has been damaged during transit, a claim will be made with the relevant courier against the insurance paid for when shipping the work. Please check all items upon delivery, and report any damage to us immediately. Contact us for more information on +44 (0)7980 402755 or email@example.com.
Should you wish to cancel your order prior to the artworks being dispatched, we will refund the full cost of the items.
If a refund is required, we will issue this using the same payment details that were used to purchase the items. We aim to process all returns within 1-2 weeks but the refund could take up to an additional 10 working days to show in your account.
By ordering a product online, you agree to accept these terms and conditions. As these are subject to change from time to time, we would therefore recommend that you check these T&Cs prior to placing any new order. Thank you for your custom.